Advertise a Vacancy on the Career Center
Any other Service (Industry relates)
Please note no fees will be charged to advertise industry relevant vacancies on the ACFE SA's website. This will be a free service provided by the ACFE SA as an additional benefit to all members.
Take note, there will be additional costs incurred when wanting to advertise your services on the ACFE SA Service provider page. The ACFE SA reserves the right to refuse to list vacancies or to request a change to the respective advert.
Please complete and submit the attached in Word or text format to firstname.lastname@example.org. We regret that we cannot include graphics, logos, tables or other formats.
- The customer acknowledges that he has read and agreed to the terms and conditions set out in this document, and in particular acknowledges that he has read and agreed to the General Terms and Disclaimers of the ACFE SA.
- While every care is exercised, ACFE SA shall not be liable for errors in or the non-appearance of or the mis-positioning of any advertisement howsoever caused and whether as a result of any negligent or grossly negligent conduct or omission on the part of ACFE SA. Any such error, non-insertion, or the like shall not invalidate a contract, nor shall ACFE SA become liable for any loss or damage including any consequential damage occasioned by such conduct or omission.
- The positioning of advertisements shall be entirely at the discretion of ACFE SA, who shall retain the sole discretion to elect, to cancel or suspend any order in the event of having to reduce or restrict the size of its publication for any reason, or in the event of the customer failing to make payment, or making late payment for previous advertisements.
- ACFE SA reserves the right to alter, abbreviate or omit advertisements if they appear to be illegal, objectionable or defamatory for any reason whatsoever, and in this regard ACFE SA’s decision shall be final and binding. Any such error, non-insertion, or the like shall not invalidate a contract, nor shall ACFE SA become liable for any loss or damage including any consequential damage occasioned by such conduct or omission.
- Customers’ instructions must always be provided in writing before the booking deadline.
- Payment and proof of payment must be submitted before any advertising material are placed onto ACFE SA electronic media. If an advertiser already has an advert on the website and wishes to extend their contract, proof of payment for the extension period must be provided as the advertising banner will be taken off the website until proof of payment has been made.
- ACFE SA does not automatically renew existing advertiser’s contracts. The onus is on the existing advertiser to renew the contract.
- Where an advertisement has not been inserted or inserted incorrectly, as a result of any error or omission by ACFE SA, ACFE SA shall at its sole discretion and without in any way admitting or incurring any liability whatsoever, be entitled to place such advertisement in a later edition, alternatively place a corrected version of any such advertisement in a alter edition.
- ACFE SA reserves the right to refuse any advertisements for products and services that are in direct competition with its own products and services, or where the company, product or service or its quality cannot be verified, or where the ACFE SA deem the service or product to be offensive, inappropriate or outside the interest of its members and industry.
- The General Disclaimers and Policies of the ACFE SA apply for all advertising.
- The ACFE SA does not participate in any vetting, reference checking or selection process and will not be responsible for any communication relating to the process once members proceed with application.
MANAGER: INVESTIGATIONS - JOB ID: 3521
Click on the link to view the vacancy
Submit your CV to: JoC@agsa.co.za
Closing date: 22 October 2019
Medshield Medical Scheme
1 x Independent Expert (Legal & Governance)
Medshield has been in operation since 1968, making Medshield one of the most experienced, most knowledgeable and most reliable medical schemes in South Africa. The Scheme’s extensive experience in the healthcare sector guides its understanding of members’ needs. Today, the Scheme is one of the top ten open Schemes in the country by membership. The Scheme’s rich benefit cover combined with best quality systems and services have resulted in it maintaining exceptional size and financial strength.
The Scheme has received, for the eleventh consecutive year, the acclaimed AA- Global Credit Rating indicating its strong ability to pay member claims. As a Scheme with an AA- Global Credit rating – positive outlook, a far higher solvency ratio than the statutory requirement of 25% and a reputation for prompt claim settlements, Medshield continues to deliver exceptional value to its members.
The responsibilities and duties of the successful candidate as an Independent Expert Committee Member on the Medshield’s Governance, Legal and Disputes Committee shall be in accordance with the Medical Schemes Act 131 of 1998 as amended, its attendant Regulations and Scheme Rules; and
- Furthermore, the responsibilities are in accordance with but not limited to the Governance, Legal and Disputes Committee Terms of Reference.
- Be willing and able to devote the necessary time and effort to the role
- Ensure to uphold confidentiality
- Develop and share the strategic vision
- To ensure that Medshield pursues its objectives as defined in its Scheme Rules.
- To ensure that Medshield uses its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objectives.
- Assist the Board and Legal Governance & Disputes Committee to fulfil their responsibilities.
The individuals that will be considered for the appointment shall possess the following:
- Qualifications: Postgraduate qualification (Law).
- In-depth knowledge of King IV report, Medical Schemes Act and applicable regulation. and other legislation applicable in the medical schemes industry.
- Up to 15 years legal experience and/or post qualification experience in a similar position.
- Previous trusteeship on medical scheme board will be an added advantage.
Candidates should possess the following qualities:
- Willingness to dedicate time and energy.
- Good communication skills.
- Sound analytical skills.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to interact and influence at all levels.
- Commercially astute and good business acumen.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Excellent networking and negotiation skills.
Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills.
Candidate must have the following in addition to the above:
- Governance, Legal and Disputes Committee Experience.
- Medicolegal Skills.
- Dispute Resolution Skills.
- Stakeholder Management Skills.
- Experience with advising on Compliance with relevant Legislative Framework
- A good understanding of the medical scheme industry.
- Specific skills, knowledge or experience to help the Board of Trustees reach sound decisions.
- Scrutinising Board and related documents. Hours Four (4) meetings per year, in the mornings, plus approximately one additional daytime Board meeting each year.
- Additional hours for reading documentation, email discussion, and to allow for involvement on committees.
- Please submit a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a covering letter which must clearly outline why you qualify to be a candidate in terms of the stated qualifying requirements.
- Both the CV and the covering letter are compulsory in order to be considered for the position.
- The covering letter should clearly state the Reference of the vacancy as stated in this advert thus indicating which vacancy you are applying for.
- Reference: DISPUTES INDEPENDENT EXPERT/2020.
The vetting of candidates shall be based on, but not limited to the provisions of the Scheme Rules which state in part:
- Rule 18.1: The affairs of the Scheme shall be managed according to the Rules by persons who are fit and proper to be Trustees. This relates to the persons’ integrity, competence and someone that is honest and reliable to perform the duties of a Trustee as per Rule 19.
Rules 18.6: That they are not disqualified based on the following:
- A person under the age of twenty-one (21) years; an employee, director, officer, consultant, or contractor of the administrator of the Scheme or of the holding company, subsidiary, joint venture or associates of the administrator; a broker; the Principal Officer of the Scheme;the authorised auditor of the Scheme;
- any person who has been divested, either in the past or current, of his/her powers as a Trustee or equivalent position and/or removed from office of trust by Court, or removed from a professional body for unprofessional or unethical conduct;any person who has a material relationship with any person contracted by the Scheme or in the process of tendering to the Scheme to provide any administrative, broker, managed health care or other services, whether alone or with or through a holding company, subsidiary, joint venture or associate; and any person that is already serving as a Trustee of any other registered medical scheme.
- Any previous material court of law and/or labour court findings against candidates invited for interviews must be declared during the vetting process.
- Non-disclosure shall result in disqualification.
- Remuneration of the Independent Expert is strictly in accordance with the approved Trustee Remuneration Policy.
**Should you not hear from Medshield by 31 January 2020, please do regard your application as unsuccessful.**
To apply contact:
Deadline for applications:
31/10/2019 by 11:00
TEAM LEADER - ILLEGAL WILDLIFE TRADE (IWT), BASEL SWITZERLAND
Click on the link to view the vacancy
Submit your CV to: email@example.com
Closing date: 21 October 2019